How do you identify Peripheral Artery Disease?
• Severe pain in calf when walking
• Cramping in legs
• Coldness in left foot
• Sores that won’t heal
• Weak pulse in leg
• Slower growth of toenails
• Shiny skin on legs
Who is at risk for Periperal Artery Disease?
• Do you smoke?
• Do you have diabetes?
• Are you overweight (BMI over 30)?
• Do you have high blood pressure?
• Suffer from high cholesterol?
• Over 50 years of age?
• Have a family history of PAD?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you could be at risk for PAD.
Treatment for Peripheral Artery Disease
• Lifestyle changes
• Medication to manage hypertension, diabetes and cholesterol
• Medication to prevent blood clots
• Bypass Surgery
• Thrombolytic therapy
For more information visit – https://www.kauveryhospital.com/Centers_of_Excellence_and_Specialties/Vascular_Surgery
Call +91 40006000 for an appointment with Prof. Dr. N. Sekar, Chief Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon, Kauvery Hospital, Chennai.