About the Doctor
Consultation Timing & Days: 6-8 pm Monday to Friday
Degree: MS,MNAMS,MCh(vascular),DSc, FRCS(Glas)
Designation: Chief Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon
Department: Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
One of the senior most vascular surgeons in the country. First in the country to get MCh qualification in Vascular Surgery. First Vascular Surgeon to start Endovascular surgery in Tamil Nadu .All the practicing vascular surgeons in Tamilnadu are his students. Has one of the largest number of limb salvage for diabetic patients in the country.
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered:
- Comprehensive care , surgical, endovascular(minimally invasive) and Vascular medicine for all vascular diseases.
- Peripheral arterial disease, diabetic foot care, varicose veins, stroke prevention surgery, deep vein thrombosis, Aneurysm surgery, dialysis access surgery, Renal transplantation
- MBBS 1969- 1974 JIPMER Pondicherry
- MS Surg 1978 PGIMER Chandigarh
- MCh(vascular) MMC Chennai 1988
- MayoClinic USA 1993
- Royal Perth Hospital Perth 2009
- Retired as Prof and HOD of Vascular Surgery MMC 2003
- Founder member and Past President of Vascular Society of India.
- Member European Society of vascular and endovascular Surgery
- Member Society for Vascular surgery- USA
- Member Venous Association of India
- Fellow of International College of Surgeons
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons –Glasgow
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Member Diabetic Foot Society of India
Languages Known: Tamil,English,Hindi