About the Doctor
Consultation Timing & Days: 5 PM to 7 PM - Monday to Friday
Degree: MBBS, MD(General Medicine), DM(Medical Gastroenterology)
Designation: Consultant Medical Gastroenterologist
Department: Medical Gastroenterology
- MBBS ---- KILPAUK MEDICAL COLLEGE, CHENNAI (1998-2004)
- MD GENERAL MEDICINE---- NSCB MEDICAL COLLEGE, JABALPUR, MADHYAPRADESH (ALL INDIA QUOTA) ( 2006-2009)
- DM-MEDICAL GASTROENTEROLOGY --- MADRAS MEDICAL COLLEGE, CHENNAI (2010-2013)
- DR MGR Medical University rank 1 and Gold medal in DM Medical Gastroenterology (2013)
- DR MGR Medical University rank 1-gold medal for Microbiology subject (2000)
- Gold medal for Pathology subject awarded by Pathology department, Kilpauk Medical College (2000)
- Second prize certificate in ENT subject awarded by ENT department, Kilpauk Medical College (2001)
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered:
- Management of diseases of the GI tract, liver, gallbladder and pancreas.
- Highly accessible and dedicated to patient care with utmost sincerity
- Areas of interest include management of GERD, motility disorders of the gut including irritable bowel syndrome, liver diseases, pancreatic disorders, GI cancer etc
- Skilled in managing GI emergencies including GI bleeds, foreign body ingestion
- In patient / out patient management
- Endoscopy (Upper GI/Lower GI)
- Skilled in performing endoscopic procedures with high level of competence. Can perform various therapeutic endoscopic procedures including Variceal Ligation, Variceal injection, endoscopic dilatation with bougie and balloon, endoscopic treatment of ulcer bleeds, polypectomy, stent placements, argon plasma photocoagulation and other common procedures.
- Have done more than 3000 upper GI / lower GI endoscopic procedures.
- Mentor for DNB PG training program
- Member of ISG Tamilnadu chapter/national chapter and Society of gastrointestinal endoscopy India
Languages Known: English, Tamil, Hindi