GI Advanced Surgery
GI Cancer Surgery
Liver and Pancreatic Surgery
Advanced Laparoscopic surgery
Endoscopy & Colonoscopy servicesWork Experience and Training:
- Experienced in performing laparoscopic surgeries like cholecystectomy, Hernia repair, Fundoplication, Heller’s myotomy, Splenectomy , Colorectal surgeries and VATS.
- Experienced in performing Bariatric surgeries like sleeve gastrectomy and Roux en “y” Gastric bypass
- Performed Complex GI oncological surgeries like Gastrectomies, Oesophagectomies, Whipple’s procedure, Colorectal surgeries, Liver resections and biliary surgeries
- Has been an active member of Liver transplantation program in Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences for 6 years.
- Experienced in Vascular surgeries like Aorto femoral and femoro popliteal bypass and porto systemic shunt surgeries. Routinely performs AV fistulas for dialysis access.
- Has handled vascular emergencies like ruptured aortic aneurysms and acute limb ischemia and mesenteric ischemia.
- Gold Medal in General surgery, during MBBS course
- Gold Medal in Paediatric surgery during the Post graduate course
- Co investigator - A randomized multicentre study of the efficacy and safety of Oncogel treatment as an adjunctive therapy to systemic chemotherapy and concurrent external beam radiotherapy prior to surgery in subjects with localized /loco regional esophageal cancer – Phase 2b trial (PRO16-CLN-pro003).
- Co investigator – A randomized multicentre trial of oral direct Factor Xa inhibitor (Rivaroxaban) in patients with acute symptomatic deep vein thrombosis and/ or pulmonary embolism – Phase 3 trial (The Einstein – VTE treatment study 11702).
- Obscure GI bleed – case discussion – Master class in GI surgery in Bengaluru 2017
- Trouble shooting in Laparoscopic surgeries – Lapcon 2014 held in Madurai
- “Chronic pancreatitis – Indian Scenario” - Jayaseelan Mathias Oration ASI Nagercoil chapter 2009
- “Inferior Pancreaticoduodenal artery Pseudoaneurysm – A rare presentation and novel therapy” – published in Hepatogastroenterology, May 2006 (Third author)
- “GIST- A Paradigm Shift from Surgeon to Physician” – published in the Amrita Journal of Medicine, in January- June 2009 ( First author)
- “Fast Track Surgery” – published in the G.I. Surgery Annual vol 16 , 2009 ( Third author)
- “ Gastric Cancer – The newer trends”- Review article in the Amrita Journal of Medicine (under publication )(First author)
- “Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in locally advanced carcinoma stomach – A promising approach” – Free paper presentation in International association of Surgeon Gastroenterologist and Oncologist (IASGO) Annual congress Sep 2009– held in Beijing, China
- “Multivisceral resection in Gastro intestinal malignancies” – Is it worthwhile? – Poster presentation in National conference of IASG held in October 2006 in SGPGI, Lucknow
- Bariatric surgery – definitely a metabolic surgery- Poster presentation in ASGKCON’09 held January 2009 in Calicut. Best poster award
- Prediction of mortality in Acute pancreatitis – Poster presentation in IHPBA annual meeting of Indian chapter, held in Bangalore in February 2009. Best poster award
- Acquired non malignant Tracheo esophageal fistula – Case series – ePoster presentation in IASGCON 2012 in Bengaluru.
Field of special interest:
Upper GI, Pancreatic and Bariatric surgeries
- Life member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Life member of Indian association of Surgical gastroenterology (IASG)
- Life member of Association of Minimal access surgeons of India (AMASI)
Conference and Workshops:
- 19th World congress of International association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists and Oncologists (IASGO) held in September 2009 in Beijing, China
- 5th International Live workshop on Advanced Laparoscopic surgery- LAPARO SURG 2003 held in Coimbatore
- National conference of IASG held in Pondicherry 2017
- National conference of IASG held in Coimbatore 2016
- MCLD – Chennai 2016
- National conference of IASG held in Ahmadabad 2014
- MCLD – Chennai 2014
- National conference of IASG held in Bengaluru 2012
- National conference of IASG held in Hyderabad 2010
- XIX National conference of IASG held in Mumbai in October 2009
- National conference of IHPBA – Indian chapter,held in Bangalore in February 2009
- XVII National conference of IASG held in Chennai in September 2008
- XVI National conference of IASG held in Lucknow in October 2006
- XXVII National conference of Association of Colo proctology, held in September 2004
- Sixth Annual conference of American college of surgeons- Indian chapter, held in Chennai in 2002
- National conference of Indian association of Surgical oncology, held in Ooty in September 2002
- Association of Surgical gastroenterologists of Kerala – 2nd annual conference, held in Calicut in January 2009
- 31st Annual conference of The Association of Surgeons of India- Kerala Chapter held in Trissur in May 2008
- Association of Surgical gastroenterologists of Kerala – Inaugural conference, held in Kochi in January 2008
- Indian Society of gastroenterology – Kerala Chapter, held in Kochi in February 2008
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons – South Zone annual conference, held in Chennai in December 2001
- Association of Surgeons of India – Tamilnadu and Pondicherry chapter, Silver Jubilee conference, held in Chennai in August 2001.
- International College of Surgeons- Indian Chapter – south zone conference, held in Chennai in July 2001