About the Doctor
Consultation Timing & Days: Aesthetic Clinic - Monday 9AM to 1PM And Thursday 9 AM to 1 PM
Plastic surgery clinic - Monday 3PM to 7 PM And Thursday 3 PM to 7PM
Degree: MBBS, DNB (General Surgery), MCh (Plastic Surgery), Fellowship In Aesthetic Surgery ( Switzerland)
Designation: Consultant Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon
Department: Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
A Plastic Surgeon with 15 years of Surgical experience and 10 years of Plastic Surgical experience in Premier Tertiary care hospitals and Academic Instituituions, with core competence in Advanced Facial Plastic surgeries and Research interest in scar modulation and management.
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered:
Facial Plastic Surgery: Aesthetic surgery of Face including Face Lift, Rhinoplasty, Blepharoplasty, Otoplasty and Anti-ageing treatments namely botox and fillers. Reconstructive facial surgery following trauma, cancer resection and facial Reanimation surgery.
Aesthetic Surgery: Body contouring surgery including abdominoplasty and liposuction. Aesthetic Breast surgeries and Gynaecosmastia surgery.
Burns Surgery: Acute burn surgery, Post burn contracture surgeries, Burn scar modulation and corrections.
- Senior House Officer in Department of General Surgery
- Southern Railway Headquarters Hospital, Perambur, Chennai, India.
- FEBRUARY 2001 – SEPTEMBER 2004
- Details of periods spent:
- February 2001 – September 2002 General Surgery
- October 2002 – December 2002 Paediatric surgery
- January 2003 – June 2003 Orthopaedics
- July 2003 – December 2003 Urology
- January 2004 – April 2004 Cardiothoracic and vascular Surgery
- May 2004 – September 2004 General Surgery
- Tutor in the Department of Anatomy, Madras Medical College, Chennai
- April 2005 –July 2005.
- Junior Consultant, Department of General Surgery,
- Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research
- Sri kanchi Kamakoti Sankara Hospital, Chennai.
- August 2005- January 2006
- Tutor in the Department of General Surgery
- Meenakshi Medical College and Hospital, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu, India.
- February 2006- August 2006
- Super Speciality Post Graduate trainee in the Department of Plastic Surgery, Madurai Medical College, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India,
- September 2006- August 2009.
- Consultant in the Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery,
- GLOBAL Hospital and Health city, Chennai.
- September 2009 – December 2016.
POST GRADUATE COURSES:
- Ethicon Basic Surgical Skill course, Mumbai – 2002
- APSI course on Maxilliofacial and Orthognathic surgery, Chennai – 2007
- APSI course on Cleft Lip and Palate, SRMC, Chennai – 2008
- Ethicon course on Microsurgical Techniques, Chennai – 2009
- Basic Good Clinical Practice (GCP) workshop, Chennai – 2011
- APSI course in Head and Neck Reconstruction, Mumbai – 2013.
- APSI course in Orthognathic Surgery, PGI Chandigarh – 2014.
- Is Laser a necessary tool in modern surgery- International laser conference 2001, Chennai
- Cross Lip mucosal apron flap - TANPAPS 2008
- Double crossed skin flaps for lobule reconstruction – TANPAPS 2009
- Awarded Prof. C.R. SUNDER RAJAN Gold medal for Best paper in TANPAPS 2009.
- Role of Technitium Bone scan in staging Carcinoma Breast - NBE 2004
- Reconstruction of Pressure sores – Dr.MGR University 2009
- Indian Medical association
- Tamilnadu and Pondicherry association of Plastic surgeons
- Association of Plastic surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
English and Tamil