About the Doctor
Designation: Prof. & HOD Psychiatry, Consultant Psychiatrist and Psychotherapist
- Undergraduate and Post graduate training from Premier Institutions (SRMC, Chennai and CMC, Vellore).
- Medical Teacher for more than 10 years & trainer for past 5 years;
- Researcher for past 8 years;
- General Psychiatrist and expertise in Pharmacotherapy, Psychotherapy (Counselling); Drug dependence (Addiction);
- Family Therapy;
- Child and career guidance;
- Marital and Sexual Therapy;
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered:
- Busy Clinician & Consultant at many Hospitals and Medical College.
- Outpatient and Inpatient Psychiatric Services.
- Lesser Medicine (for as shorter as possible) and Psychological therapy (CBT, Deaddiction) Comprehensive and Empathetic Care.
- Published in various National and International Journals.
- Awards Received:
- Abraham Verghese Award for Research from CMC, Vellore.
- BC DAS award in 2008 and 2010 from Orissa psychiatric society.
- Conducts Stress Management Workshops at various organizations.
- Social Activists and Spokesperson in Media.
- Fellow, Indian Psychiatric Society (IPS)
- Life Member, Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Senior Member, Trichy Association of Psychiatrists (TAP)
Languages Known: Tamil / English/ Hindi / Oriya. Can manage Telugu/ Bengali / Malayalam