Chakras are the vortexes of energy in the subtle body. There are 7 key points and blocking of a chakra, releases the emotional, physical and mental imbalances that manifest as symptomatic disorders, such as poor digestion, apathy and physical imbalances.
Using the chakras, you can create your own blueprint, architecting your yoga practice to augment your health.
- Root Chakra is associated with element “Earth”, and its life theme is governed by feelings of belonging, guardedness and survival. In a blocked state, it creates a neediness within, lowers self-esteem, and raises feelings of self-destruction. When in balance it promotes confidence, ability to stand on one’s own feet and boosts inner strengths.
- Pelvic Chakra is associated with element “Water”, and its life theme corresponds to creativity, fluidity, fertility, reproductive and sexual organs.
- Navel Chakra is associated with element “Fire”, and its life theme is expressed as “firing on all cylinders”. When in balance it promotes a sense of well-being, self-esteem, confidence thus increasing your productivity. When thwarted, it creates low self-esteem, creates inertness, stagnation, and scared.
- Heart Chakra is associated with element “Air”, and its life theme is related to unconditional love, radiating through compassion, acceptance, and forgiveness. When blocked, possessiveness, codependency, withdrawal and involvement in dysfunctional relationships occur.
- Throat Chakra is associated with element “Ether”, and its life theme is communication. When stimulated, emotional communications are conveyed in a healthy manner, amenable to advice and will honor other’s personal confidences without pre-judging them. When in imbalance, a person is extremely talkative or unable to speak up, and will not pay heed to well-meant advice.
- Eye Chakra is associated with element “Light”, and its life theme pertains to the sixth sense, intuition and functioning of all the other chakras. When in balance, inner wisdom, insights, trust, capability to make choices and face life’s challenges are strong. Imbalance generates a closed mind, an untrusting attitude, cynicism and an attachment to logic.
- Crown Chakra, associated with element “Cosmic Energy”, and its life theme relates to beauty and spiritual dimensions. It hovers over the head. When open, it awakens the inner soul and helps you to understand who you are. When blocked, unhappiness and suffering engulfs you.
Every chakra has a particular yoga asana to help you boost your physical, emotional and mental health.
Visit our website.