About the Doctor
Designation: Lead Consultant Radiologist - Women's Imaging
Dr. Meenakshi Paramasivan is a highly experienced radiologist and women's imaging specialist with over two decades of experience in a wide range of radiology services, including conventional radiology, Mammography, ultrasound, CT, and MRI. She has a special focus on 'Women's Imaging', a complicated and less understood speciality of Radiology, and has over 18 years of experience in this field.
She is skilled in breast imaging and BIRADS Grading by picking up tiny intraductal lesions to earliest CA through X-Ray Mammogram to Sonomammogram. She also excels in 3D and 4D Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, from defining the fetal face to describing uterine
She is renowned for providing the most precise diagnosis in her area of expertise in Women's Imaging, thus aiding and facilitating timely treatment for optimal patient outcomes. She upholds ethical standards and adheres to rigorous medical practices.
Areas of Specialisation:
- Women's Imaging & Fetal Imaging
- M.B.B.S., Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu.
- D.N.B. (Radio-Diagnosis), Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- Fellowship in Fetal Ultrasound, BFMC, Bangalore
- Fetal Medicine Foundation (UK) Certification on NT, Anomaly Scans
- Certification in Infertility Ultrasound, Nagori Institute, Ahmedabad, India
- Certification in Pediatric Radiology, Cleveland Clinic, USA
- Certified by IOTA for Gynaec Ultrasound
- "Impacted Retained Products of Conception Along LSCS Scar: Complication of Misoprostol MTP in Patient with Previous Caesarean Section - Ultrasound the Lead! Hysteroscopy the Solution!" - Case Report published in Spectrum Volume 2, Edition 1 (April - June 2022).
- "Combined Breast Screening: Breast Thermalytix & Sonomammogram - Pictorial Essay of Initial Experience" published in Spectrum Volume 2, Edition 2 (July - October 2022)
- "Submucosal Fibroids & Submucosal Fibroid Mimic in Early Pregnancy: Role of 2D & 3D Ultrasonogram" - Case Report published in Spectrum Volume 3, Edition 1 (Jan - March 2023)
- Articles for "Paediatric Workshop Handouts": USG Cranium & Hydrocephalus E-FAST Published on 9th July 2022
- "Here's Why It Is Important to Prioritise Women's Health" was Published in Times of India, Daily Magazine, Chennai Edition, on International Women's Day on 8th March 2022
- "Is Fertility That Difficult?" on the role of ultrasound in infertility in Ananda Vikatan, Monthly Tamil Magazine, Tamil Nadu State Edition, January 2023
- Scientific CME at Tirupathi on "Applications of 3D Ultrasound in Gynaecology" on 26th Dec 2021
- FB Talk on "Thermal Breast Screening" on 10th Mar 2022
- Breast Cancer Awareness Talks among Income Tax Officials of Ayakar Bhavan, Nungambakkam, Chennai on 29th Aug 2022
- Radio Talk on "Pregnancy Journey Guide & Importance of Early Pregnancy Scans" over Chennai Live FM 104.8 on 28th Nov 2022
- IMA Webinar talk on 26.02.2023: "Breast Themalytix - The Game Changer"
- IMA CME talks on 16.4.2023:
- "Breast Thermalytix - An Intro"
- "BIRADS vs Thermal-BIRADS Scoring"
- Distinction Holder and Gold Medallist in MBBS
- Secretary of Indian Medical Association (IMA), Velachery Branch, Chennai
- Life Member - Indian Radiological Imaging Association (IRIA)
- Life Member - Indian Medical Association (IMA)