About the Doctor
Designation: Consultant Gastroenterology
Dr. Kavitha Sampathkumar is a Gastroenterologist, specializing in Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy in both elective and emergency situations. She has performed more than 10,000 colonoscopies with 95% caecal intubation rate and more than 3000 ERCP's.
She specialises in indigestion (dyspepsia), acid reflux, bowel cancer and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). She is also expertly trained and regularly performs diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy (gastroscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy).
Dr. Kavitha likes to approach each division of the digestive system, to diagnose the root of the problem by exploring the oesophagus, stomach, small bowel and colon to provide the best plan of treatment for her patients.
Dr. Kavitha has many publications to her credit and is involved in the long term care of all her patients.
Languages known: She converses in English, Tamil.
Area of expertise
- Gastroscopy (Upper GI Endoscopy)
- Flexible sigmoidoscopies
- Self expanding metal stent placement
- Ercp diagnostics and therapuetics
- Acid reflux Gerd
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhoea, Constipation
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory vowel disease
- Intestinal Failure
- Liver Diseases
Awards & Recognition:
- TYSA - 2 nd Prize South Region in Torrent Young Gastroenterology Award
- 1 st Prize for paper presentation from Women Doctors Association
Consultation time: 9am to 5pm
Available on all working days except Sunday
Professional membership :
- Tamilnadu medical gastroenterology association
- Indian medical association
- Member in american college of gastroenterology