- Management of COPD based on BTS Guidelines - Aug 1998
- Elective cardioversion in Atrial fibrillation - June 1999
- Lipohypertrophy in Insulin treated Diabetes Mellitus - Jan 2001
- Stroke management based on RCP guidelines - May 2001
- Foot Examination in Diabetic clinics - Mar 2002
- Blood pressure monitors and Cuffs based on BHS guidelines - May 2003(won Pennine AHNT audit prize)
- Stroke sentinel audit (Data Collection) - Nov 2004
- National Sentinel audit for stroke - Oct 2006, Oct 2008
- Audit on TIA management - Dec 08
- Consultant Physician, Gen Medicine & Stroke Medicine, Royal Oldham Hospital,Greater Manchester, UK. - 09-Jan-2006 to 15-Oct-2009
- The Royal Oldham Hospital is a 700 bedded District General Hospital.
- I managed a 14 bedded acute stroke unit with intensive monitoring facility. Looked after acute stroke, neurosurgical emergencies and neuro oncology patients. I have experience in IV stroke thrombolysis.
- Neuro rehabilitation of stroke, post neurosurgical (cerebral and spinal), head Injury and palliative care of non-intervention cases.
- Ran a comprehensive Cerebrovascular disease (TIA) prevention clinic that involve risk factor assessment, cardiac, cerebral and vascular investigations.
- Also conduct a Post stroke clinic to address post stroke mobility, feeding issues and cognitive impairment. I am proficient in stroke imaging interpretation and Spasticity management
- General medical clinic dealing with all common medical problems.
- 1 in 10 acute general medical take of all ages.
- Management of medical emergencies in A&E, CCU, High dependency unit setting. Up to date with Advanced life support.
- Active participation in Continuing Medical Education and Continuing professional development.
- Specialist Registrar,General Medicine & Geriatrics, North West Region of England ,Greater Manchester, UK. - 04-Sep-2000 to 04-Jan-2006
- Participated in Acute General Medical take throughout the rotation
- Good general medical experience and have done Diabetes, Endocrinology and Gastroenterology clinics.
- Gained experience in managing acute take, other speciality referrals, CCU, HDU and management of acute and chronic medical problems
- Competent in procedural skills needed for acute medical take
- Trained in core Geriatric areas: Acute Stroke care and prevention, Rehabilitation, Falls / Syncope, Orthogeriatrics, Psychogeriatrics, Continence, Movement disorders, and Palliative care.
- Sub specialty training in acute stroke care and rehabilitation. Multidisciplinary approach to optimise various health issues in the patients.
- General Geriatric, Cerebrovascular disease prevention, Parkinson's disease, Falls /Syncope clinic.
- Senior House officer in Various District general Hospitals of UK From Feb 1996 to Sep 2000
- Rotated in Cardiology, Chest Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Geriatrics and Rheumatology.
- Participated in Acute medical take.
- Consultant Physician, General Med, Diabetes and Neurology, Kauvery Hospital, Hosur - Dec-2014 to till Date
- Kauvery Hospital Hosur is 120 bedded multispeciality Hospital and has 14 bedded intensive care unit , 3 Operation theatres and 6 bedded emergency department.
- I take part in 1 in 2 on call for general medicine and give support to intensivist, emergency physician and other specialities. Twice daily rounds in ICU and general medical wards.
- In patient care to patients with infectious diseases, diabetes and complications, poisoning, COPD, chronic kidney disease, stroke and head injury.
- Daily outpatient clinic for General medicine, Diabetology and Neurology.
- Participate in different committee and clinical governance meetings which will facilitate the smooth running of the hospital.
- Active participation in regular teaching for medical officers and nurses.
- Consultant Physician, General Med, Diabetes and Neurology, Kavin Hospital, Hosur - Oct.2010 to Dec 2014
- Consultant Physician, General Medicine, Fortis Hospital, Bangalore - Nov.2009 - Sep.2010
Normal procedures done
- Central Venous line insertion
- Arterial line
- Temporary cardiac pacing
- Lumbar Puncture
- Chest Drain Insertion
- Abdominal paracentesis
- Joint aspiration and injection
- Basic and advanced adult life support
- Botulinum toxin Injection for adult spasticity
Strengths: I follow a holistic approach to the management of Diabetes and Hypertension. More emphasis is given to lifestyle measures for Diabetes, BP control and cholesterol reduction. Trained and experience in managing unique problems with ageing.
Field of interest:
- Diabetes , Hypertension, Cholesterol management.
- Cerebrovascular diseases - Stroke, Parkinson's disease, Dementia, Epilepsy.
Clinical Achievements: Times of India Healthcare achievers award For Tamilnadu 2018, Stalwart in General Medicine
Future vision: Develop a comprehensive diabetes care program for the population aimed at reducing diabetes complications. Improving public awareness on chronic diseases and early detection of them by regular camps.
Professional Body membership
- General Medical Council, UK - Full Registration Number 4589671
- Tamilnadu Medical Council - Full Registration Number 51986
- Fellow, RCP Edinburgh
- British Geriatrics Society
- Indian Medical Association
- British Association of Stroke Physicians
- Interested in playing badminton, listening to music, travelling, gardening and charity work
- Interested in reading on economy, financial matters, information technology
- Member of Lions club Hosur and engage in social service activities like medical camps and charity work.
- Active participation in the social awareness programs of Indian Medical association.