Most of us are caught up with the everyday rat race of life. There just doesnt seem to be time for relaxation. We are either working or staring at some screen. People who smile and laugh more are considered crazy. We have so many tensions in life, personal, work related, political pressures, the list is unending. All these lead to many health related problems.Can we do anything to make us stress free?
Yes we can. Very simple... Laugh!!!
1. Relaxes muscles and whole body
2. Burns calories
3. Boosts the immune system
4. Prevents heart diseases
5. Eases anxiety and tension
6. Relieves stress
7. Decreases pain
8. Improves mood
9. Promotes bonding
10. Enhances teamwork
11. Strengthens relationships
12. May even help you live longer.
Also Read: 7 Ways by Which Stress Harms Your Health Physical symptoms of Stress
Here are some ways to start:
1. Smile at people. Like laughter it is contagious.
2. Make a list of your blessings. Feel happy from within.
3. Seek out friends who laugh more. They find humour in everyday life.
4. Bring humour into conversations. Make people talk.
5. Laugh at yourself. Share your embarrassing moments
6. Look for humour even in bad situations. Make others laugh.
7. Deal with your stress. Think of something that makes you smile.
8. The more you laugh each day, the less effort you will have to make.
So do not allow life to smile at you, you smile at life. Life is but once.
Article by Ms. Geetha S Kumar
Coordinator, Kauvery Institute of Orthopaedics, Spine and Neurosciences