As the rains have arrived it's the season for flu, fevers, respiratory infections and urinary tract infections. Here are a few suggestions to keep
us out of trouble.
- Try to avoid having food and beverages in hotels. Avoid spicy / high calorie foods. Always eat fresh homemade food as far as possible.
- Make sure to have plenty of fluids as this season will not make us feel thirsty.
- Consume fruits rich in vitamin C as it will improve your resistance. eg: papaya / guava / pomegranate / apples.
- Gargle with salt and warm water twice a day.
- Make sure to wash your hands and legs, once you are back home. Preferably take a hot shower. If you have walked in the rain water, make sure to wash your feet with soap and water.
- Make sure that there is no water stagnant around your house. This can be a place for mosquitoes to breed.
- Make sure to use dry under garments before use, damp clothes lead to infections.
- Elderly people kindly go for your daily walks in the park as the roads might be slushy and slippery for regular walks.
- Make sure children carry a raincoat in their school bags, to avoid them getting wet on an unexpected rainy day.
- Last but not the least if you are running a temperature kindly seek medical advice.
You may know most of the above suggestions, but are you following them?