This is a healthy, low calorie, low-carbohydrate, fibre rich food. If you want something quick, spicy, and vegetable-centered, this curry might very well hit the spot - another point for cabbage and its wonderful ways.
A vegetarian cuisine with complete nutrition derived from vegetables prepared and subtly flavoured with spices, is a gourmet's dream come true!! Given below is a simple recipe, for a delicacy which can be prepared with amazing ease!!
• Grated cabbage - 1 cup
• Thick curds - 1 cup
• Grated mango ginger - tsp
• 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1/2 tsp Jeera (cumin seeds)
• 2 Red Chillies
Some chopped curry leaves.
1. Wash and pressure cook the grated cabbage in 1 cup of water on a low flame for 5 minutes.
2. When the cabbage is cooked, cool slightly and blend it smooth with thick curds. Add grated ginger mango and required salt.
3. Heat oil and temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds and red chillies until they crackle.
4. Garnish with chopped curry leaves.
5. Serve with hot rotis, pepping up with chutney/pickles.