Ear infections occur when a bacterial or viral infection affects the middle ear. Ear infections can be diagnosed with the following symptoms:
- Partial hearing loss
- An itchy feeling in the ears.
- Pus or ear drainage
- A persistent pressure in the ear
- Mild or acute pain in the ear
These symptoms may appear from time to time or they may be chronic. If children have an ear infection, they show the following symptoms along with the regular symptoms as shown in adults:
- They have trouble sleeping.
- Clumsiness and problems with balance.