Myths and facts about heart attack
Myth: Only older men are prone to heart attacks.
Fact: These days, quite often, younger men get heart attacks due to stress and lifestyle choices and due to other congenital reasons.
Myth: Causes of heart attack in older men are different compared to causes of heart attack in younger men.
Fact: Usually, coronary artery disease in younger men is associated with the same risk factors as in older men, alon with additional reasons are there
Causes of early heart attacks in young men include:
- Abnormalities of arteries
- Disorders of the clotting system
- Spasm or inflammation of the arteries
- Chest trauma.
- Family history of cardiovascular disease
- High cholesterol
- Lack of exercise
- Raised stress levels
Lowering risk of heart attack
Small lifestyle changes can reduce the risk of heart attack in young men.
1. A healthy diet plan
Your diet should include a balanced meal with adequate amounts of:-
2. Keeping those numbers in check:-
Make sure that your parameters are normal for:-
3. Regular exercise
This should include
- Aerobic exercises like:-
- Toning exercises that increases stamina and reduce strain on the heart
4. Giving up vices
- Stop drinking Alcohol
- Give up smoking
- Say no to illicit drugs
5. Keep stress levels down
- Move away from situations that overwhelm you
- Bring expectations down
- Deep breathing before handling a situation can help
- Stretching exercise and yoga are good de-stressors
- Introspect and understand stress triggers