About the Doctor
Designation: Consultant, Spine Surgery
Dr. V. Selvin Prabhakar is an orthopaedic spine surgeon in Kauvery Institute of Brain and Spine. After completing master's in orthopaedics, he developed an interest in the specialty of Spine Surgery. Following this, he underwent a fellowship in advanced spine surgery. He is an expert in Complex Spine Deformities, Scoliosis Correction, and Endoscopic and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery. He also performs various day-care pain injection procedures. He also has a keen interest in academics, with various publications and presentations.
- MBBS - Government Kilpauk Medical College, Kilpauk(The TamilNadu Dr MGR Medical University)
- M.S Orthopaedics - Government Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla(Himachal Pradesh University)
- D.N.B Orthopaedics - National Board of Examination
- F.N.B Spine surgery - National Board of Examination
- M.N.A.M.S - Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- International journal of Orthopaedics Sciences - Navigation assisted primary total knee arthroplasty sixteen years after giant cell tumor distal femoral cement augmentation
Accepted for Publication
- Indian Spine Journal: Surgical Management of Aggressive Vertebral Hemangioma: Case Series and Review of Literature.
- Indian Spine Journal: Epidural Angiolipoma and Andersson Lesion: A Rare Co-occurence-A Case Report and Literature Review.
- Indian Spine Journal: Isolated spinal intramedullary neurocysticercosis - case report and review of literature.
- Journal of Korean Society of Spine Surgery: Modified â€œLift Upâ€ Laminoplasty - A Novel Surgical Technique for Long Segment Epi/Intradural Tuberculoma: A Case Series.
- Journal of Korean Society of Spine Surgery : Polyostotic spinal Pagetâ€™s with lumbar kyphotic deformity: A case report and literature review
- A O Spine member - 100307960
- Member of ASSI (Association of spine surgeons of India) membership number - 3160.