About the Doctor
Consultant - Surgical Gastroenterology, Minimal Access Surgery, HPB Surgery & Liver Transplant
Consultation appointment timings: 9.30 to 4.30 pm
Tele Consultation appointment timings: 10 to 4 pm
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Minimal access Surgery (Laparoscopic and Robotic)
- Liver Diseases and Transplantation
About the doctor :
Dr. Sugi Subramaniam is the first transplant surgeon from his hometown Chengalpattu, a small town in the outskirts of Chennai. He was inspired to become a doctor from his elder sister and was focused on becoming a liver surgeon since 9 th standard after watching a TV interview from another surgeon.
'I always consider affordability of a patient and recommend surgery as an option only when it's an absolute necessity', Dr. Sugi adds. His aim is to make transplants affordable to middle class people and is conscious about treatment plan and diagnostics he recommends to his patients. His long term goal is to take transplants to his hometown in Chengalpattu.
Dr. Sugi was an avid dancer in his student days and was the Cultural Secretary during his undergraduate days at MMC. To stay active he plays shuttle, cooks and has won 5 marathon medals. He converses fluently in English and Tamil.
Brief profile :
Dr.Sugi is a Surgical Gastroenterologist, HPB and Liver Transplant Surgeon with special interest in minimal access Surgeries and Pediatric liver transplant. He is a University Gold Medalist in M.Ch. Surgical Gastroenterology for the year 2018, awarded by Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical University.
He has published over 20 medical papers in International and National Journals. He is proactive and committed to excellence developed through a decade of schooling at acclaimed Institutions across the country such as Madras Medical College, JIPMER, Govt.Stanley Medical College and Dr Rela Institute
Award winning expert
- Prof N.Rangabhashyam Gold Medal for securing University First in M.Ch. Surgical Gastroenterology exams - MGR University
- Young Investigator Award at ILTS Congress, 2020
- CP Mittal Award for best Oral Presentation at Indian Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology and Nutrition Conference, 2021
- Travel Grant Awards for
- 32nd Meeting of JSHBPS Tokyo, 2021
- 31st Conference of APASL, Seoul, 2022
- International Liver Symposium of ISLS, Seoul, 2022
Areas of Interest:
- Deceased & Living Donor Liver Transplant
- Paediatric Liver Transplant
- Split Liver Transplant
- Minimal Invasive Liver Donor & HPB Surgeries
- Robotic GI and HPB Surgeries
Known Languages: Tamil, English.
Professional Membership: Tamilnadu Medical Council, TN Surgical Gastroenterologist Association, AMASI, ILTS (International Liver Transplant Society), LTSI (Liver Transplant Society of India)