About the Doctor
Designation: Senior Consultant and Lead - Multiorgan Transplant ( Liver, Kidney & Pancreas)
- MBBS., Chengalpattu Medical College Tamil Nadu.
- MS., General Surgery, Madras Medical College, Tamil Nadu.
- MRCS., Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK.
- ASTS Transplant Fellowship, University of Iowa Hospital, USA.
- Fellowship Training in Liver, Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation and HPB surgery from the USA.
- 15 years of expertise in Multi-Organ Transplantation and Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary (HPB) surgery including 10 years of work experience from USA, UK and Australian Healthcare system.
- Largest Pediatric Liver transplant program in South Tamil Nadu and had done the second youngest (6 month old child) Pediatric living donor liver transplant in Tamil Nadu.
- Liver Transplant - Performed more than 750 Liver transplants including Cadaveric and Live Donor Liver Transplants
- Kidney Transplant - Performed more than 1000 kidney transplants (Cadaveric and Living Donor). First and only team to do Robotic Kidney Transplantation in Tamil Nadu and has done more than 20 robotic cases in very obese patients Largest volume of ABO incompatible kidney transplants and Swap transplants in the state.
- Pancreas Transplant - Performed hundreds of Pancreas and Kidney-Pancreas Transplant.
- Performed several hundreds of Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomies.
- Extensive experience in Advanced Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic surgeries (HPB) and performed more than 2000 complex HPB surgeries including minimal access and Robotic HPB surgeries.
Areas of Specialization:
- Adult & Paediatric Liver Transplants
- Adult & Paediatric Kidney Transplants
- Pancreas Transplants for Type 1 DM
- Small Bowel and Multi Visceral Transplants for Intestinal Failure
- Advanced Lap & Robotic HPB Surgeries
- Robotic Kidney Transplantation