About the Doctor
Designation: Senior Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
Consultation Timing & Days: 10 am - 5 pm
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered:
- Angioplasty and Stenting
- Complex coronary interventions including Left Main stenting, bifurcation stenting, and chronic total occlusions.
- Angioplasty for patients not suitable for bypass surgery or not keen on bypass surgery.
- Pacemaker implantation including biventricular pacemaker and implantable defibrillator (ICD) implantation for severe heart failure.
- Com plex echocardiography including Transoesophageal echocardiography, Stress ECHO, and Contrast ECHO
- Multislice CT Angiography
- Cardiac MRI.
- First to perform OCT guided Angioplasty in TamilNadu.
- Done a lot of research on heart failure and telemonitoring for heart failure.
- First in Europe to use Telemonitoring in heart failure patients.
- Pioneered Enhanced External counterpulsation therapy (EECP) in UK, first in UK for patients with chest pain, a few years before EECP was introduced in India.
- Has been priniciple investigator and co-investigator for various multicentre international randomized control trials.
- Has presented and been a faculty at various European and American cardiac society meetings.
- Has several publications on various peer-reviewed international journals
Professional Body Membership:
- Member of Royal College of Physicians - UK
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians - Edinburgh, UK
- Member of the British Cardiac Society
- Member of British Society of Interventional Cardiology
- Member of European Society of Cardiology
Languages Known: Tamil, English