About the Doctor
Designation: Surgical Endocrinologist
- MCh (Endocrine Surgery), Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- M.S (Gen Surg) - Madurai Medical College, Tamil Nadu Affiliated to Dr MGR Medical University
- M.B.,B.S, - Madurai medical College, Tamil Nadu affliated to Dr MGR Medical University
- Underwent various 01 and 02 Courses during MCh programme including Research Methodology, SPSS, Pub Med Courses
- ISSF Travel grant for WCS 2015, Bangkok, Thailand
- Best Paper Presentation, Asian Association of Endocrine Surgeons, Colombo, 2014
- Japan Surgical Society ( JSS ) Travel Grant Award110th Annual Japan Surgical Society held @ Nagoya, Japan 8-10th April 2010
National and Other Awards:
- Best Outgoing MCh Scholar(Student) of the year 2010 from Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- Professor SS Agarwal Award for excellence in Research for the Year 2012 from Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Financial Grant for MCh Thesis, July-December 2008 on "Study of Cardiac dysfunction in Hypercatecholaminism and its reversal following Surgical cure in Pheochromocytoma patients"
- Won Best Paper Award for Presentation on "Study of Cardiac dysfunction in Hypercatecholaminism and its reversal following Surgical cure in Pheochromocytoma patients: Interim Analysis" at National ASI conference 2009 held @ Coimbatore, December 2009
- Smitha S Rao, Ferdinant J, Shikil P, Altaf A, Sathya A, Dhalapathy Sadacharan. Von Hippel- Lindau Disease with Multi organ cysts and ticking Pheochromocytoma: a rare case. World J Endoc Surg 2019; 11(1):19-21
- Ravikumar K(1), Muthukumar S(2), Dhalapathy Sadacharan(3), Suresh U(3), Sundarram T(3), Periyasamy S(3). The Impact of
Thyroiditis on Morbidity and Safety in Patients Undergoing Total Thyroidectomy. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2018 Jul-Aug;22(4):494-
- Ravikumar K, Sadacharan D, Muthukumar S, Sundarram T, Periyasamy S, Suresh RV. A Prospective Study on Role of Supplemental Oral Calcium and Vitamin D in Prevention of Post thyroidectomy Hypocalcemia. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2017 Jul-Aug;21(4):498-503.
- Sadacharan D, Mahadevan S, Ferdinant J, Rakeshchandru K. Hypercalcaemic encephalopathy due to metastatic parathyroid
carcinoma. BMJ Case Rep. 2017 May 31;2017.
- Mahadevan S, Sadacharan D, Kannan S, Suryanarayanan A. Does Time of Sampling or Food Intake Alter Thyroid Function Test? Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2017 May-Jun;21(3):369-372.
- Mahadevan S, Asirvatham AR, Kannan S, Sadacharan D. Scalp vein sign: a forgotten clinical clue? BMJ Case Rep. 2017 Apr 29;2017.
- Sadacharan D, Mahadevan S, Kabeer KK, Sundarraman G. A case of pulsating sternal and clavicular metastases of thyrofollicular
carcinoma. BMJ Case Rep.2017 Apr 5;2017.
- Kannan S, Mahadevan S, Seshadri K, Sadacharan D, Velayutham K. Fasting practices in Tamil Nadu and their importance for patients with diabetes. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2016 Nov-Dec;20(6):858-862
- Ravikumar K, Sadacharan D, Muthukumar S, Mohanpriya G, Hussain Z, Suresh RV. EBSLN and Factors Influencing its Identification and its Safety in Patients undergoing Total Thyroidectomy: A Study of 456 Cases. World J Surg. 2016 Mar;40(3):545-50.
- Muthukumar S, Sadacharan D, Ravikumar K, Mohanapriya G, Hussain Z, Suresh RV. A Prospective Study on Cardiovascular
Dysfunction in Patients with Hyperthyroidism and its Reversal After Surgical Cure. World J Surg. 2016 Mar;40(3):622-8.
- Sadacharan D, Mahadevan S, Muthukumar S, Ravikumar K, Primary Pigmented Nodular Adrenocortical Disease, A rare cause of
Cushing's Syndrome. World Jour of Endoc Surg 2015;7(1)24-25.
- Ravikumar K, Sadacharan D, Suresh RV, Surgical Delight: Non Recurrent Laryngeal Nerve; World Jour of Endoc Surg 2015;7(1)14-16
- Sadacharan D, Sathya A, Ravikumar D, Nallapa D. Unusual diagnosis of a solitary thyroid nodule in the paediatric population:
cervical thymic cyst. BMJ Case Rep. 2015 Sep 29;2015.
- Sadacharan D, Mahadevan S, Muthukumar S, Ravikumar K. A rare giant tubercle of Zuckerkandl with retrosternal extension encountered during total thyroidectomy. BMJ Case Rep. 2015 Jun 25;2015.
- Sadacharan D, Mahadevan S, Muthukumar S, Dinesh S. Nonelevation of TSH after total thyroidectomy: a surgical surprise. BMJ
Case Rep. 2015 May 15;2015.
- Sadacharan D, Mahadevan S, Ravikumar K, Muthukumar S. An interesting case of intrathyroidal parathyroid adenoma. BMJ Case Rep.
2015 May 6;2015.
- Sadacharan D, Reddy SV, Agrawal V, Agarwal G. Rapid development of thymic neuroendocrine carcinoma despite transcervical
thymectomy in a patient with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Jul;17(4):743-6.
- Agarwal G, Sadacharan D, Ramakant P, Shukla M, Mishra SK. The impact of vitamin D status and tumor size on the intraoperative
parathyroid hormone dynamics in patients with symptomatic primary hyperparathyroidism. Surg Today.2012 Dec;42(12):1183-8.
- Agarwal G, Sadacharan D, Kapoor A, Batra A, Dabadghao P, Chand G, Mishra A, Agarwal A, Verma AK, Mishra SK. Cardiovascular dysfunction and catecholamine cardiomyopathy in pheochromocytoma patients and their reversal following surgical
cure: results of a prospective case-control study. Surgery. 2011 Dec;150(6):1202-11.
- Agarwal G, Sadacharan D, Aggarwal V, Chand G, Mishra A, Agarwal A, Verma AK, Mishra SK. Surgical management of organ contained unilateral pheochromocytoma: comparative outcomes of laparoscopic and conventional open surgical procedures in a large single-institution series. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2012Oct;397(7):1109-16.
- Sadacharan D Agarwal G. Response to "Long-term outcome of 'prophylactic therapy' for familial medullary thyroid cancer (MTC).
Surgery. 2011 Jun;149(6):851.
- Sadacharan D, Agarwal G. Re: Functional and oncologic outcomes of partial adrenalectomy for pheochromocytoma in patients with von Hippel-Lindau syndrome after at least 5 years of follow-up. J. N. Benhammou, R. S. Boris, K. Pacak, P. A. Pinto, W. M. Linehan and G. Bratslavsky. J Urol 2010;184:1855-1859. J Urol. 2011 Jun;185(6):2428-9; author reply 2429-30.
- Sadacharan D, Agarwal G. Re-operative parathyroidectomy: an algorithm for imaging and monitoring of intraoperative parathyroid
hormone levels that results in a successful focused approach. Surgery. 2009 Sep;146(3):524; author reply 524-5.
- Agarwal G, Sadacharan D. Comments on- van Nederveen FH, Gaal J, Favier J, et al. â€œAn immunohistochemical procedure to detect patients with paraganglioma and phaeochromocytoma with germline SDHB, SDHC, or SDHD gene mutations: a retrospective and prospective
analysis." (Published in Lancet Oncology 2009; 10: 764-71). AccessSurgery.com 2009
- Agarwal G, Sadacharan D. Book Chapter on "Management of Locally Advanced Breast Cancer" Handbook of Oncology. Published by
Army R&R Hospital, New Delhi