About the Doctor
Designation: Paediatric Haemato Oncology
- MBBS - SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre , Tamil Nadu
- MD (Paediatrics) - Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Tamil Nadu
- FIAP Paediatric Hematology & Oncology- Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research.
Areas of Specialization:
- Benign Paediatric Hematology Management
- Paediatric Solid Tumours
- Paediatric Immunodeficiencies
- Malignant Paediatric Haematology
- Administration of Chemotherapies
- Bone Marrow Aspiration & Biopsy
VEL SOKKANATHAN (V.S.T) GOLD MEDAL - Doctor of Medicine in Paediatrics from Pondicherry University - 2018.
- IAP SOUTH ZONE CONFERENCE 2017 - Serum Zinc Levels in Children presenting with febrile Seizures - A cross Sectional Study.
- SCIENTIFIC SOCEITY CONFERENCE 2018:PIMS - A Rare Case of Conjugated Hyperbilirubinemia in a Neonate: PFIC Type 2
- SIOP CONFERENCE 2021 - Unusual sites of Rosai Dorfman disease in children: Case series from a tertiary care paediatric Hematology & oncology centre.
- PHOCON 2021 - Challenges in the management of Retinoblastoma during nationwide lockdown :An experience from a tertiary care centre in Tamil Nadu.
- Experienced in performing bone marrow aspirations and biopsy and Lumbar punctures.
- Have been a part of 10 bone marrow transplants during my 2 year fellowship period.
- Proficient in research methodology and has authored 10 publications.
- Member of Indian academy of paediatrics
- Member of International society of paediatric oncology (SIOP)
- Member of IAP PHO
- Arul J, Kommu PPK, Kasinathan A, Ray L, Krishnan L. Zinc Status and Febrile Seizures: Results from a Cross-sectional Study. J Neurosci Rural Pract. 2020 Oct;11(4):597-600. doi: 10.1055/s-0040-1715992. Epub 2020 Sep 8. PMID: 33144797; PMCID: PMC7595794.
- Jena KK, Singh PK, Elamaran C, Ramachandran P, Kannan K, Arul J. Reversible Brugada like electrocardiographic pattern in COVID-19 infection. Saudi J Health Sci 2021;10:219-21.
- Jena KK, Arul J. Ebstein's anomaly with rheumatic mitral valve disease: A rare case report. J Clin Prev Cardiol 2020;9:118-20.
- Arul J, Ponnarmeni S, Ferdinamarie S, Dhodapkar R, Kommu PP. Clinical profile of children with influenza A and B infections admitted to a tertiary care hospital in South India.
- Arul J, Kumar P, Krishnan L. A Rare Case of Streptococcal Toxic Shock Syndrome
- Sneha LM, Niranjani MU, Dhaarani J, Balaji TK, Arul J, Scott JX. Clinical profile of COVID positive children with cancer and their follow-up: A tertiary care center's experience from a developing country. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2021 Dec 31:e29559. doi: 10.1002/pbc.29559.
- Narasiman S, Arul J, Rajendiran, Agarwal P. Yolk sac tumor of cervix in an infant : A surgical dilemma: J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg
- Janani DA, Shruthilaya DA, Dhaarani DJ, Julius DSX. Vincristine induced fever in a child with embryonal rhadbomyosarcoma. Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice. January 2022