About the Doctor
- MBBS - Thanjavur Medical College (1996)
- MD(Radiodiagnosis) - Barnard Institute of Radiology, Madras Medical College, Chennai, Tamilnadu India (2004)
- DNB(Radiodiagnosis) - Diplomate of National Board (2005)
- Professor of Radiology
- Barnard Institute of Radiology, Madras Medical College, Chennai.
- Senior Consultant Radiologist(Part-Time)
- Kauvery Hospital, Alwarpet, Chennai.
- Incharge of MRI Centre (3T AND 1.5 Tesla) at Madras Medical College.
- Reporting MRI and CT for nearly 15 years as consultant and senior consultant radiologist in various private centres in Chennai
- Areas of Interest:- MRI(1.5T &3T) - Special Techniques - Neurology (including MR Spectroscopy, Diffusion Tensor Imaging and Perfusion studies), Cardiac and urinary tract and Musculoskeletal Imaging.
- Have done more than 300 cardiac MRI studies, more than 400 PC CSF Flow Velocity studies and several SPINAL DTI and SPINAL MR Spectroscopy studies.
- Best Scientific Paper in the Annual Conference National Conference IRIA 2002 at Jaipur - Radiological Evaluation of Vomiting in Children
- Independence Day Award (2018) by the DEAN, Madras Medical College in recognition of Radiology services rendered
- Published more than 20 articles in National and International Journals and authored two chapters (Advanced Neuroimaging) in textbook.
- Invited speaker at numerous national and international conferences and CME's.
Guide for M.D (Radiodiagnosis) from 2011
Examiner for P.G. Degree in Radiodiagnosis from 2013
- Serving as UG and PG Teacher for many years and examiner at various universities for MD and DNB candidates.
Editor of BIR Case Of Week (Cow) Quiz
Involved in Research Trial
- Hypothermia for encephalopathy in low and middle - income countries (HELIX): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial
Professional Body Membership
- Indian Radiology and Imaging Association.
- Indian Society of Paediatric Radiology.
- Indian Society of Neuroradiology.
- Indian College of Radiology and Imaging.
- Associate Member of European Society of Radiology from 2007.