About the Doctor
Designation: HOD, Brain and Spine Surgery
- UG - 1990 to 1996 MBBS, Christian Medical College, Vellore
- PG - 1999 to 2004: M.Ch (Neurosurgery) Five Year Course, Stanley Medical College, Chennai
- Super Specialty - 2001: Completed Post Graduate Diploma in Medicolegal Systems (PGDMLS) in Symbiosis University, Pune
- Instrumental in setting up the "Department of Neurosurgery & Neurology" in KMC as "Kauvery Brain & Spine Centre"
- 2006 - Started the Neuro Trauma ICU in KMC, Tennur
- 2008 - Helped establish the "First Exclusive Stroke Care Centre" as per the "European Stroke Association" Criteria (2008) in KMC, Tennur
- 2010 - Along with Dr. Janakiraman (ENT) pioneered the use of Extended Endo Skull base Surgery in Trichy
- 2015 - Instrumental in doing aneurysm coiling surgery in Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Trichy
- 2016 - Helped start "Kauvery Brain & Spine Centre" in KMC, Cantonment as "Head of Department of Neurosurgery & Neurology"
- 2016 - Facilitated development of Trichy's only "Complete Stroke Care Centre" by combining the Cath Lab for intraarterial Thrombolysis (Clot Breakdown)
- 2016 - First-time Intraarterial Mechanical Thrombectomy (Clot Extraction) done using Medtronic Solitaire device. Introduced Nav I3 (Neuronavigation - Brain & Spine GPS) for advanced brain & spine surgery for the first time in Trichy
- 2016 - Started using "Cisternostomy" in Head Injury surgeries - an advanced surgical technique and presented a paper on it at the state level conference.
- 2017 - Introduced AesulapMinInVent - The world's most advanced & India's First Four Port. NeuroEndoscope for use in Brain tumor surgery
- 2017 - Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS) done for the first time in Trichy and now being regularly done
Specialty Experience: 19 years
Kauvery Experience: 17 years
Professional Body Membership
- Enjoy driving good cars
- Enjoy cooking especially desserts and continental varieties
- Involved in Academic sessions as a means of teaching and learning for physiotherapists, nursing students, etc
- Conduct learning programmes for doctors
- Conduct awareness programmes for the public on stroke, care of the back/ spine and preventing road traffic accidents
- Setting up advanced "Home Theatres"