- Rajesh Vijayvergiya, Anand Subramaniyan. A Chapter on "Radiation Hazards in
Interventional Cardiology" published in "Radiation Exposure in Medicine and
the Environment: Risks and Protective Strategies" by NOVA publishers,
Original Articles and Case reports
- Anand S, Surjit Singh, Uma Nahar Saikia Ashish Bhalla , Yash Paul Sharma , Dalbir
Singh. Cardiac Abnormalities in Acute Organophospate Poisoning. Clinical
Toxicology. 2009; iFirst,1-6.
- Case report of a "Blue Blebber Naevi syndrome" by Anand S, Pankaj Malhotra and
S.Varma in Medical Journal Of Australia, March 2009.
- Uday Bhan Bhardwaj, Anand.S, Ashish Bhalla, Navneet Sharma, Surjit Singh. Safety
of Gastric Lavage using Nasograstric Ryle's Tube in Pesticide Poisoning. Health
- Rajesh Vijayvergiya, Rajat Sharma, Anand S. Effect of Percutaneous Transvenous
Mitral Commissurotomy on Left Atrial Appendage Function: An Immediate and 6-
Month Follow-Up Transesophageal Doppler Study. ARTICLE IN PRESS: J Am Soc
- Anand S, Rajesh Vijayvergiya, Ajay Bahl, YashPaul Sharma. A Tissue Doppler
Imaging study of Right and Left Ventricular function analysis in rheumatic mitral
stenosis pre- and post balloon mitral valvotomy. [ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION, J
Am Soc Echocardiogr 2011].
- Only Interventional Cardiologist in Trichy to do Balloon Mitral Valvotomy.
- Only Interventional Cardiologist in Trichy to do Adult / Paediatric / Structural & Coronary work including complex procedures. (whole range of Procedure)
Field of Interest: Structural Interventional Cardiology (Devices, Balloon Valvotomies).
- Procedures with learnt mortality rates till date!
- An Associate professor in Cardiology (in Medical college)
- Still able to practice only "ETHICAL" Cardiology in this interventional era.
- AWMI - Cardiogenic Shock - IABP guided treatment - Manickkam
- BUDD CHIARI - Syndrome - IVC stenting - Chitra.
- Percutaneous Coronary perforation closure - Thirugnanasambandam.
- To expand my spectrum of interventions in nave subspecialties - TAVR
- CRT - CRT - D (To bring these to our center as a routine procedure)
- To remain and retain my identity as a 'SAFE' interventionist committed as always.
Professional Body Membership
- Applied for life membership of Cardiological Society of India (CSI).
- Expecting membership in < 1 month.
- Academic: Teach Juniors / Students (in the field of Cardiology).
- Research interest work - Planning to be a part of a study from my parent institute (PGIMER).