About the Doctor
Designation: Senior Consultant Cardio Thoracic Vascular Surgeon
- M.B.B.S Feb. 1993: Awarded the Degree of M.B.B.S following the completion of Under Graduate Training at the Madras Medical College, Chennai. This includes one year of compulsory rotatory housemanship. This degree is awarded by the University of Madras, Chennai.
- Master of Surgery March 1997: Awarded the Degree of Master of Surgery (M.S) in General Surgery following completion of the Post Graduate Training at Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai. This degree is awarded by the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai.
- Master of Chirurgie (M.Ch) Feb.2000: Awarded the Degree of Master of Chirurgie (M.Ch) in Cardio Thoracic Surgery after completion of Post Doctoral Training and Examination at Madras Medical College, Chennai. This degree is awarded by the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai.
- Post Graduate Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery at Greenlane Cardiothoraeie Centre. Auckland Newzealand Dee 2007- Dec 2009
Papers At Conferences
- Complex Reconstruction of Diffuse LAD disease - OPCAB (15th Biennial Congress, Asian Association of Cardio Thoracic Surgeons, Mumbai, India Dec. 2001).
- LV Pseudoaneurysm (15th Biennial Congress Asian Association of Cardio Thoracic Surgeons, Mumbai, India, Dec. 2001).
- Eoho Evaluation of Aortic Valve Prosthesis - India Association of Cardio Thoracic Surgeons - IACTS - Chennai 2002.
- Management of Pulmonary Stenosis following repair of Scimitar Syndrome - IACTS, Chennai 2002.
- Haemodynamic assessment of Mitral Valve Prosthesis by Echo - IACTS, Hyderabad 2003.
- Paediatric IABP - A Case Report - IACTS, Delhi 2004.
- An interesting case of Right and Left Sided Obstructive Lesions - IACTS, Delhi 2004.
- Cardio Fibroma in an Infant- A Case Report - IACTS Jaipur 2007.
- Alternate Surgical Approaches to Combined Intra-Cardiac Lesions and Coartaction of the Aortr. - IACTS Jaipur 2007.
Dissertation: Non Traumatic Surgical Emergencies of the Abdomen (1994-1997).
- Blalock Gold Medal for Clinical Surgery, Madras Medical College - 1991 - 1992.
- Inter Medical - Indian Medical Association Medal- Madras Medical College Dec 1991.
Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery at Greenlane Cardiothoracic Centre, Auckland, Newzealand Dec. 2007 - Dec 2009.
Work Experience In Cardiac Surgery
- Have done more than 600 open heart su surgeries and more than 50 closed heart procedures. Have
assisted more than 2500 cardiac surgeries
- Main area of interest being adult cardiac surgery with the focus on Beating heart cardiac
Kauvery Experience: 3 yrs
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Valve surgeries repair/replacement
- Surgeries for congenital heart disease entire spectrum of acyanotic / cyanotic congenital heart disease.
- Aortic surgeries
Special Procedures: Minimally invasive cardiac surgeries