Spicy Phool Makhana with Nuts
Makhana is a rich source of proteins, nutrients, calcium and iron. This spicy phool makhana recipe is a quick, tasty and healthy snack that can be enjoyed by both kids and adults.
- Plain phool makhana or lotus seeds which are easily available in grocery stores
- Ghee: 1 tbsp.
- Crushed garlic pods: 6
- Roasted almonds, cashews and peanuts
- A few curry leaves
- Red chilli powder
- Turmeric powder
The quantity of nuts, chilli powder and salt can be altered according to individual taste.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add makhana.
- Roast for 7 to 10 minutes on medium to medium-low flame until crispy and crunchy.
- Keep stirring in between so that the makhana doesn't burn. Transfer to a plate.
- Add ghee to the same pan; fry crushed garlic and then add curry leaves.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder and fry in medium heat without burning the powders.
- Add the roasted makhana and mix.
- Add all the other roasted nuts and toss till flavors are well-combined.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Use as and when required.