Active: Tamilnadu Medical Council and Medical Council of India
Professional Society Membership:
- Member of the Indian Society of Nephrology
- Member of Indian Society of Nephrology Southern Chapter
Honors And Awards
- Sri Viswanathan Memorial Award for general proficiency in class XII.
- Master R.Balakrishnan Memorial Award for best all-rounder boy student in Class XII.
- Best All-rounder Award from Lions Club of Madras in Class XII.
- Dr.Krishnamurthi Memorial Award in Physics Jambakavalli Sreenivasan Endowment for Biology in Class XII.
- "Apollo Gold Medal" for excellence in General Medicine for Examination conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences May 2011
Invited as guest speaker for International women's Day celebration of Deloitte Haskins and Sons, Chennai - Talk on Women Health - 7/3/2016
In DNB Nephrology:
- Active participation and discussion of clinical cases in weekly Grand rounds
- Loves the interaction with colleagues at work
- Active participation in organizing the monthly City Nephrology Meet
- Performed more than 50 kidney biopsies under local anesthesia by ultrasound guidance
- Well proficient in executing transplant kidney biopsy
- Conducted kidney biopsy for pediatric patients under general anesthesia
- Proficient in Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy and treated multidisciplinary patients in ICU
- Been a part of Kidney Pancreas Transplant team
- Kidney harvesting from deceased donors from various hospitals across the city
- Well versed with pre-transplant laboratory workup and patient admission
- Participated in 2 educational CME at 9th and 10th Renal Clinical Conference at CMC Vellore in 2013 and 2014
- Case Presentation in City Nephrology Meet in July 2013 - "Tenofovir induced nephrotoxicity"
- Case Presentation in City Nephrology Meet in July 2014 - "Atypical Membranous Nephropathy and its recurrence after renal transplant"
- Case Presentation in Chennai - Mineral Bone disease - Clinical Meet arranged by Biocon Pharm, presided by Dr.Muthusethupathi and Dr.Subba Rao B
- Clinical Teaching of Principles of Haemodialysis to dialysis technologists
- Experience with more than 100 native kidney histopathology examination
- Attended Weekly histopathology meeting with Nephrologists and Pathologists
- Post Graduate Research work in Malnutrition Inflammation Score and its association with Inflammation, Atherosclerosis and Short Term Mortality in haemodialysis patients
- Delegate in 32nd Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Nephrology - Southern Chapter Chennai - 2012
- Delegate in 34th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Nephrology - Southern Chapter, Bangalore - 2014
- Delegate in 45th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Nephrology (ISNCON 2014) held a Kolkatta, India
- Poster Presentation at ISNCON 2015, Bangalore - "Impact of Malnutrition, Inflammation and Atherosclerosis on the outcome of haemodialysis patients"
- Co-authored paper presentation at ISNSCCON 2016 at Tiruchirapalli, Tamilnadu, India - "Efficacy and tolerability of Sofosbuvir and Ribavirin in treating hepatitis C viremia in hemodialysis patients"
- Poster Presentation at ISNSCCON 2016 at Tiruchirapalli, Tamilnadu, India - "Efficacy and Tolerability of Sofosbuvir and Ribavirin in treating hepatitis C infection in post-renal transplant scenario"
In MD General Medicine
- Conducted weekly Bedside clinics in General Medicine for Interns and Under Graduates
- Lectures on Fluid and Electrolyte Balance and General Nephrology to MBBS Under Graduates
- Presentation on "Doctors Day" at Mysore Physicians Medical Research Trust in July 2009
- Presentation on "Newer Treatment of Malaria" at City Medicine Meet, Mysore in August 2010
- Presentation of Clinical Case at Medical Education Research Trust, Bangalore 2011 in State Level PG Conference
Paper presentation: "A comparative study of outcome among patients admitted to an intensive care unit in a tertiary care medical college hospital based on predictor scores" at the International Conference on Emergency Medicine (INTEM 2010)
- Instructor in International Trauma Life Support(ITLS).
- Instructor in Project PULSE [People United for Life Savings Emergencies] and has trained more than 600 medical students in Bangalore, India
- Completed Training for ACLS/BLS - AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION - Trained at St.Johns Hospital, Bangalore, India
- Publication of Case report: "Thyrotoxicosis induced liver disease". J Indian Med Assoc. 2012 Aug;110(8):576-7
- Publication of Case report: "An Airy Image". Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences. 2012;37(1):64.
- Publication of Case report: "Emphysematous pyelonephritis in a non-diabetic young woman: A rare association" Journal of Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine. 2012; 13(4): 328-9
- Paper presentation: "A comparative study of outcome among patients admitted to intensive care unit in a tertiary care medical college hospital based on predictor scores" at Internation Conference in Emergency Medicine (INTEM 2010)
- Poster Presentation - "Clinical utility of urine neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (uNGAL) measured at admission to predict outcomes in a heterogeneous population of critically ill patients" at ISNCON 2014
- Paper accepted for Poster Presentation at the International Society of Haemodialysis, Kuala Lampur, Malaysia 2015 Malnutrition inflammation score and its use in Haemodialysis patients
- "Treatment efficacy and tolerability of Sofosbuvir and Ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C infection in post-renal transplant patients - A retrospective single-center study" - published in Indian Journal Of Transplant June 2016
- Poster presentation at Indian society of Nephrology - southern chapter conference 2016 at Tiruchirapalli, Tamilnadu on "Treatment efficacy and tolerability of Sofosbuvir and Ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C infection in post-renal transplant patients - A retrospective single-center study"
- Impact of malnutrition inflammation and atherosclerosis on the outcome of hemodialysis patients - accepted for publication to Indian Journal of Nephrology
- Sofosbuvir-based treatment is safe and effective in Indian hepatitis C patients on maintenance haemodialysis: a retrospective study - Published in NEPHROLOGY 2017- International Journal of Asia Pacific Society of Nephrology
Lectures and CME's
- "Women health-importance in India" - presented a talk at Deloitte Chennai on the occasion of Women's day 2016
- "Diabetes and Hypertension - Live a Life with it" - Presented at Tatvaloka - cultural center, addressing an audience of 100 people
- Addressing school students at Saraswati Kendra about Organ Donation
- Speaker at Indian Medical Association Kumbakonam Branch, Tamilnadu - October 16th, 2016: Renal Transplantation - Current Scenario
- Speaker at Indian Medical Association Aranthangi Branch, Tamilnadu - October 22nd, 2016; When should a Physician refer to Nephrologists?
- Medical camps monthly at various suburbs of Tamilnadu, India
- Well trained in Indian Classical Music and given stage performances in vocal music
- Won accolades for the Medical College cultural team and been a part of the cultural organizing committee