1. Senior Orthopaedic Consultant
Kauvery Hospital, Alwarpet, Chennai.
1/12/2012 Till date
2. Orthopaedic Consultant
Parvathi Hospital , Chrompet, Chennai.
6/6/2009 to 30/11/2012
3. Assistant Professor In Orthopaedics
Sree Balaji Medical College And Hospital, Chrompet, Chennai.
29/10/ 2007 to 31/5/2009
4. Senior Registrar
Apollo Speciality Hospital, Teynampet, Chennai.
6/6/2007 to 31/10/2007
Graduate Thesis Topic:
A Study of Paediatric Femoral Neck Fractures
Operative management of Hoffa fractures - A prospective review of 18 patients, Volume 42, Issue 12, Pages 1495 - 1498
Fellow in Arthroplasty, Asklepios Orthopaedic Clinic Lindenlohe, Germany.
Exeter Hip Fellow - Princess Elizabeth Orthopaedic Centre, At Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, United Kingdom.
- Subungual Glomus tumor - a rare case report was presented in the annual conference of the Indian Orthopedic Association, IOACON 2006 - New Delhi.
- A Study Of Paediatric Femoral Neck Fractures Was Presented In The Annual Conference Of The Indian Orthopedic Association IOACON 2008 - Bangalore.
- Contralateral tibial graft for pseudoarthrosis of tibia a case report was presented in the annual conference of the Indian orthopedic association IOACON 2008 - Bangalore.
- Biological Osteosynthesis Of Complex Proximal Humerus Fractures - Presented In Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic Conference - TNOACON Feb 2010, Courtallam.
- Blocking Screw (Poller) In Distal Femoral Fractures-Presented Paper in Nailscon 2011, Chennai.
- Tuberculosis Of Sternoclavicular Joint A Case Report - Poster Presentation And Management Of Proximal Femoral Fractures By PFNAII - Paper Presentation In TNOACON 2011, Madurai.
- Intraoperative CT navigation for GLENOID component fixation in reverse shoulder arthroplasty-poster presentation and fragment specific fixation for complex intra-articular fractures of the distal radius results of a prospective single-center trial-paper presentation in, tnoacon2012, Vellore.
Surgeries Done Individually
All Long Bone Fracture Fixations in Single Stage Or in Multiple Stages (Compound Fractures) By Following A.O Principles. Competent in Nailing And Plating
- ARTHROSCOPY:- Diagnostic Knee Arthroscopy, Meniscectomy, And Acl Reconstruction
- SPINE:- Discectomy, Vertebroplasty.Posterior Stabilisation Of Lumbar vertebrae
- ARTHROPLASTY:- Primary Tkr And Thr Both in FreeHand AndNavigated Technique
- PELVIS:- Acetabular Fractures Fixation
- PAEDIATRIC :- Ctev Corrections,Fracture Fixation
Core Competence and Surgical Skills
- Individually Able To Manage, Stabilise And Treat All Trauma Cases.
- Assisted in Arthoplasty And Surface Replacements With Dr.Vijay Bose,
- Fellowship training in primary and complex joint reconstruction and individually able to perform them.
- Assisted in Complex Spinal Fractures And Stabilisation, Arthroscopic Knee And Shoulder.
- Accept The Ideology Of Team Work, And Inter-Departmental Discussions
- Able To Perform Well in Strenuous Conditions
- Academically Update in Conferences, C.M.E, Workshop And Higher Training Regularly
- Academic Activities Involving -Teaching Theory And Clinical Case Discussion For M.B.B.S , Physiotherapy And Nursing Students.
- 1st AO Paediatric Course, Vellore, 2009
- AO Trauma Symposium, AO Fracture Course (Principles and Advance)
- Indian Orthopaedic Association Conference (IOACON)2006,2007,2008,2009,2012,2016
- Orthopaedic Association of South Indian States (OASISCON)2005,2006,2008
- Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic Association (TNOACON)2005,2006,2010,2011
- Ganga Operative Arthoplasty Course 2008,2011,2015
- Ranawat Orthopaedic Course - R.O.C-2009
- Paediatric Orthopaedic in Trauma and Infection in 2006
- Indo German Orthopaedic Foundation 2005, 2008(Masters in Arthoplasty)
- National Hand Surgery Course 2007
Areas of Interest:
- Indian Orthopedic Association - IOA
- Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic Association - TNOA
- Orthopedic Association of South Indian States - OASIS
- Pondicherry Orthopedic Association - POA
- Indian Medical Association - IMA
- Dr. Aravidan Selvaraj, M.S., F.R.C.S.(ORTHO) Chief Orthopedic Surgeon, Kauvery Hospital, Chennai
- Dr. S. Muthu Kumar, D.ORTHO, Chairman & Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon, Parvathy Hospital, Chromepet, Chennai